Friday, July 3, 2009

BCBR Day 6

Oh boy, day 6!! Are you serious? Another early morning but was nice as we are using the Creekside res of Robin Willard as our hub for the next 4 days!! Nice to not have to lug all that crap around everyday. The Hot Rod seems quite cavernous!! Ralph was a star and put coffee on first thing and Robin fired up a big ass bowl of oatmeal for the crew. By now you all know the routine so you fill in the blanks, except that i've been playing mountain bike and surf vids in the am to put there mmind in a good place!! Big Red is loaded up with gear and bikes and we are ready to roll down to Brennan Park in Squamish. Jamie will be riding the Cannondale as you all know that the Trek had a lil mishap! We go grab some coffee rip on down the sea to sky, lotsa bloody construction, but no traffic. Find a nice spot in the shade and get the boys unloaded and prepped up. I run in to check results and the are still in second on G.C. and came third in stage 5 with the debocle and all!! Good effort indeed!! So i head on over to the Obsession Bikes tent and ask James if he has any extra hangers. He says ya so I tell him no big rush, I'll come back after the start when he isnt pounding out bikes. I wander around with the filmcamera so not a lot of pics today. Head back to shoot a bit of the start on a another container and then figure out my bikeless day! ( wasnt thinking to clear this am!) I hear that the aqautic centre has wifi so I grab my gear and head in as I havent updated blog and the rumour is that people are actually enjoying it, and I cant afford a revolt!!

This is where my day gets uber boring. I go into the centre and find the signal, open my pre writen blogs and do some EXTREME PROOF READING!! lol! And also some GNARLY PHOTO UPLOADING!!! lol, regan=dork!!

Welll 2 hrs pass and Im become like Jack Torrence in the centre! Not sure if it that I can see how nice it is outside, the effect of the chlorine on my olfactory senses, or just that im a pretty wound up guy but i need out!! Cancel the flickr upload, unplug my gear and stuff into a bag and get the hell outta dodge.

Run over to Obsession Bikes and Mary is nice enough to offer another beer and you already know how I feel about gift beers. So she says to ask the guys in the Syncros trailer deck if I can get the part I need and I say" no friggen way!!" I do not wanna bug those guys when they are relaxing. They have been absolute rockstars!! So I just enjoy the beer and company waiting for someone to come down, and that happens to be Fraser! Tell him my dilemma and that its not a big rush and he says he will look into it for me! He comes back and tells me to come with him as he takes me to the Trek Vw team car. Talk with Scott who I met in N. Van and he says he has one, pulls it out and asks if it is right, it is so i pull out my wallet and he tells me to not worry about it. Super stoked now, can't thank them enough so I walk back to the tent, finish my beer and say ciao to everyone and hop in my van cause those boys deserve some beer. Rip into town, grab the cho -mo for my boys and 3 6ers. One for Trek boys, One for Fraser as a thanks and appreciation for all they are doing and one just for me.

Pretty lazy day, wandering around with no real purpose and a lil flat. shooting some photos, gabbing, killing time. Shaemus and Chris took the stage today and put like 8 more mins on the Kona boys....hehehe!! Clean lil ride tomorow and they will be all good. Saw the leaders in 100+ so the boys should be pealing through any moment and no sooner do I turn my head then they come peeling around the chicane. 2nd place again. Robin looks like hes not doing too bad. Jamie looks a lil rough, says his guts are sore and he only had one speed....not mechanically, just sometimes you only have one gear physycally and today was that day. shitty beans but still finished where we need to be. recover when your home.

They go shower so I get all the gear loaded and prepped to BOLT! Chat with Logan a lil bit and I think he can already taste the beer at Dustys!! So can I for that matter! The boys are all clean and ready for a nap. So we stop for a nip on in Function Junction and go home. The boys rack out for a bit as I do my duty and make sure that a mechanical will not foil their day tomorow!! All we need now is some grub and some rest.

After dinner I get the bright idea, this is post half jug of sangria, that i wanna try and ride some of the course tonight. So we get home, I Whip into my gear and blast down the road to where it is taped. Spun up and down and into the village and all over for about an hour but thetaping stopped so they may do moto taping in the am!! PHOOEY!! And that takes you al to now. 1130 and Im writing and my beer is done, skin is bbq'ed and I'm riding somewhere tomorow so its time for me to hit the bunk. Good night all.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment