Monday, June 29, 2009

BCBR Day 2

Well day 3 saw another early day to catch another early boat to come back home......kinda!! This stage takes The Schmengy's from Departure Bay to Parksville in a 70 km SICK set of single track. The boys had to get ready on the boat and walk off with their bikes to the start chute, which was such a great sight to see 400 cyclist in full riding gear disembark form the ferrie. Odd especially when your used to seeing super commuters on haggard bikes filling off instead.

As the boys raced their asses off I went down to Acme burger and enjoyed an Odouls and a bad ass Acme burger and try to sort through all these pics!! UGH!! Taking off with lil sucess heading up very familiar roads into Parksville to The Pacific Shores Resort to check us in and get sonme stuff done so We can just leave the finish and get back to the hotel...which i must say is magnificent.Over looking Craig Bay. I'm a lucky boy right now!


Rode up the road to where the race finishes just past AMC with the cam to see if I could get something. Layed in a ditch shooting people as they went by. Great couple shots of Lisa and Dawn from Oak Bay. Then my boys came tearing up the road, so I snapped some shots and hopped on Mary and tried to keep up with them. At this point I remembered i was in flip flops and Dickies with a camera around my neck and no helmet.....so I got DROPPED!! which in of itself is good cause they were cooking!!

I met them back at the finish line and you could tell it was a harsh stage. they finished in roughly 4.5 hrs. Bikes look liked they had been through a sand storm and the boys looked like they had a tag team death match vs Ali and Tyson in the same sand storm!! Jamie relaxed at the truck as I hunted down Robin and for the second straight day he was wolfing down a burger at the finish!! lol. Load up the gear and the boys changed and got as comfy as they could. HOME TIME!!

As the boys cleaned up and fueled up i gave the bikes a good hour and a half of love, mostly cleaning and minor tweaks!! Then off to dinner and to veg out. Brought the gang at Obsession Cycles some beer as when we got there they had about 100 bikes to fix up...good luck folks, hope you got in some ball hockey!!

Not Much after that, some groceries, the boys got to enjoy some DQ and I got to enjoy a few Mickey's ( thanks Robin ). And now here I am, watching the news and stil struggling to find a connection!!! GRRR. I hope this goes through.....its a lot of typing. lol. Ill just leave you with the view from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment